We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The false date palm or Phoenix roebelenii is a palm, often cultivated indoors, with thin green and light leaves.
In summary, all you need to know:
Last name : Phoenix roebelenii
Family : Arecaceae
Type : Houseplant
Exposure : Bright, partial shade
Ground : Soil
Foliage : Persistent
The Phoenix is considered to be the palm tree that adapts best to the interior of homes and apartments.
Planting and repotting of the false date palm
False date palm in a pot or container,
The false date palm claims a good soil that you will possibly mix with 1/3 of compost if you have some.
In order to facilitate drainage, place a bed of gravel, small pebbles or clay balls at the bottom of the pot.
This operation prevents the roots from bathing in water, which could be fatal.
- So install it in a good size pot filled with soil for green plants.
- Although it is necessary to repot in spring every 2 to 3 years, apart from that, prefer a surfacing regular which will perfectly meet the plant's need for growing support.
Cultivation of false date outdoors ,
As with planting in pots, do not hesitate to lay a bed of gravel, small pebbles or clay balls in order to facilitate drainage.
- You will then plant it in a mixture of potting soil, garden soil and sand.
- Outdoor cultivation is only possible where the temperature does not drop not below -4 ° in winter
We can easily multiply the false date by taking offspring that are planted in pots filled with potting soil.
Install a false date palm in the right place
In our climates, the false date palm fits inside of our houses and apartments.
- It thrives well when temperatures hover around 20-22° and requires a very good light and even the sun
So prefer the proximity of a window facing south or west in order to bathe it in the maximum amount of light and sun.
If you live in a rather dark place, avoid buying a fake date palm as it should not stand the absence of light too much.
False date palm in winter:
The false date palm or Phoenix roebelenii tolerates the heat of a house or an apartment in winter but it is even better when the room is cooler in winter, ideally between 10 and 15 °
Watering and fertilizing the false date palm
Watering the false date palm is important because it should neither be excessive nor too limited. A happy medium is essential ...
In spring and summer:
It is usually the growth period for the false date palm Phoenix roebelenii.
Water regularly while allowing the soil to dry on the surface between 2 waterings.
Watering must therefore be regular but measured so as not to suffocate the roots of the plant.
- It can be said that watering every 2 to 3 days is often necessary.
- Mist the foliage daily to recreate the natural conditions of humidity.
- Every 15 days, you can bring him someliquid fertilizer, taking care to moisten the soil well beforehand.
From fall and winter:
You have to start with gently reduce watering because the plant has more limited needs.
As soon as the soil becomes dry for a few centimeters, water to moisten the soil.
- We can say thatwatering every 15 days should be sufficient.
- It is necessary that stop all fertilizer input from October and until March-April.
Diseases and parasites of the false date palm
The most common pests in the false date palm are red spiders and mealybugs. In the first case we can see fine webs in the axils of the leaves while in the second it is a whitish down that appears on the leaves and / or on the stems.
- Here are the tips to follow in case ofred spider
- Here are the tips to follow in case of mealybugs
To know about the false date palm
Both aesthetic, this palm native to Mauritius is resistant and very easy to grow when following the instructions given on this sheet, it is one of the popular houseplants.
Its foliage is particularly elegant and original while its thick trunk gives a touch of exoticism in his living room, living room or any other well-lit room in the house.
Smart tip about the false date palm
Indoors, absolutely avoid direct sun as this may dry out