We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Chicken is a recipe that sublimates this poultry with its aromas and flavors. Cooking, ingredients and preparation, here is the recipe for chicken cooked on hay
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 50 g semi-salted butter
- 1 chicken farmer at least 1.5 kg
- 400 g of dry hay
- 130 g flour
- Salt flower
- Freshly ground pepper
Hay casserole chicken
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (th 6).
- Lightly melt the butter and coat the chicken.
- Salt and pepper.
In a casserole dish,
- Arrange half of the hay, place the chicken and cover with the remaining hay.
- Close the casserole dish.
Prepare the dough to lute * the casserole:
- Add a little water to the flour,
- mix and stir the casserole.
- Cook for 1 hour without opening the casserole dish.
Turn off the oven and let stand 10 minutes.
- At the end of this time, break the dough, serve the chicken directly on the table, in its casserole dish.
- Remove the hay and cut the chicken in front of the guests.
- Serve with the cooking juices.
To accompany this chicken, offer baked, hash brown or steamed potatoes.
Fleur de sel: Fleur de sel corresponds to the "nectar" of sea salt. Harvested by hand from the surface of salt marshes, this non-dried salt has a special flavor. It should be added directly to the dishes before tasting.
Find out more about Label Rouge free-range chicken
In France, there is a thirty varieties of free-range chickens distinguished by a Label Rouge. These superior quality chickens come from slow growing strains and benefit from good breeding conditions.
Fed with cereals and having access to an outdoor range, they are raised in various production areas protected by IGP.
The flower of salt:
What a gem this fleur de sel! We never tire of admiring its immaculate crystals which will spice up a semi-cooked foie gras or a
Scallops just seared with foaming butter. In Guérande, in the country of Retz, in Morbihan ... the salt workers
pick up with their lousse the fine film delicately deposited on the surface of the carnations. A nectar harvested only at the end
in the afternoon, with a dry wind from the east. And yes, everything has to be earned. But what an immaculate whiteness never soiled by clay, and
what finesse in the mouth!
This simple preparation will surprise your guests with the subtlety and complexity of its aromas provided you
choose quality hay made from a wide variety of grasses.
From the point of view of the agreements, if the tenderness and the delicacy of the chicken flesh call for wines with little or no tannin, on the aromatic level we can choose a strengthening alliance going in the direction of hay by taking for example a Chinon a few years old and having started to develop scents of undergrowth.
In contrast, the choice of a white such a Côtes du Jura cuvée from the Chardonnay grape variety will go more in the direction of chicken by attenuating the nuances brought by the preparation.
- Chinon 7 to 15 €
- Côtes du Jura Chardonnay 7 to 12 €
Words from the kitchen
* Fight : Hermetically seal a baking dish (casserole dish, terrine, etc.) with a paste so that the preparation retains its humidity and aromas throughout cooking. The paste acts as a seal between the container and the lid.