We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Among the most used by gardeners promoting organic gardening, comfrey manure is also one of the most effective organic fertilizers in the garden and vegetable patch.
It also acts as a pest repellant and compost activator.
Thanks to its high content of organic matter, especially potash, calcium and nitrogen, it is a recognized growth and flowering stimulator for plants.
For a fertilizer richer in nitrogen, you will use the nettle manure.
Recipe for 10 liters of comfrey manure
- Pick 1 kg of very fresh leaves.
- Macerate in 10 liters of rainwater (less calcareous) for 1 to 2 weeks
- Do not use a metal container for maceration.
- Mix regularly
We know that the liquid manure is ready when the liquid is black and the leaves form a puree at the bottom of the container.
- Then filter to remove any residue and have a perfectly clean liquid.
Use of comfrey manure
Comfrey manure can be used throughout the period of growth and flowering plants and vegetables.
It is used as fertilizer at a rate of 10% comfrey manure for 90% water.
- If I put 9 liters of water, I will therefore add 1l of liquid manure to have a good fertilizer for the plants.
It is used as pest repellent at a rate of 5% comfrey manure for 95% water.
- If I put 9.5 liters of water in a sprayer, I will therefore add 50 cl of liquid manure.